Adults diagnosed with a wide variety of conditions benefit from using Interactive Metronome and there is no need for them to struggle daily with their careers and personal lives. Upon completion of the program, most adults report a decrease in anxiety and depression, increased energy, alertness and motivation and this makes for an improved quality of life!
IM is being used to help:
The success of IM occurs as it integrates sight, sound and physical movements to improve:
- Working Memory: This is the ability to store information and ideas. Memory is essential for word recognition, comprehension of complex sentences and remembering instructions.
- Attention: The ability to focus on information tasks and ignore distractions.
- Processing: The rate at which a person is able to accurately perceive and manipulate information.
- Sequencing: The placing of detailed information in its accustomed order, for example: days of the week, scheduling appointments and simple mental arithmetic.
- Motor Coordination: The combination of purposeful body movements working together, as in exercising, hand writing or fall risk reduction